- Cold calling without any evidence of work in the vicinity
- Pressure to make a decision that day
- Requesting you go to your bank and withdraw cash
- No quotes or consumer protection details given
- Increasing their price even though they haven’t completed the initial work
What should you do?
If you believe that you have been a victim of a rogue trader call 101 and inform the police or 999 if it is urgent.
Don’t be intimidated to buy there and then, genuine firms will expect, and be happy to wait for you to make up your mind, especially after cold calling.
Request a quote, and then approach other companies to see if the work is required and reasonably priced.
As with any company you are employing, do your research, are they are a site such as
What does a google search say about them?
Genuine companies will usually have an online presence which you can verify information through.
Ensure that you obtain your consumer rights information, including the 14 day cooling off period which allows you to change your mind.