Skip to content

Please do not call 999 or 101 with queries relating to coronavirus social contact restrictions. We cannot advise you on what you can and can't do. Please visit here for more information. If you want to report a mass gathering or other serious breach of the national restrictions, please report online here or use our web-chat by clicking the green button on the bottom right of your screen.

Quick exit

Anti-social behaviour

Anti social behaviour is a nuisance which spoils the community's quality of life and;

  • Has a detrimental effect on the quality of life of those in the locality
  • Be of a persistent nature
  • Be unreasonable

Anti-social behaviour ruins lives and is not tolerated in Cambridgeshire. We work closely with partner agencies, including local councils, to target and tackle anti-social issues within our communities so that offenders face justice and victims receive a better quality of life.

Examples of anti-social behaviour include;

  • rowdy, noisy behaviour
  • night time noise from houses or gardens, particularly between 11pm and 7am
  • threatening and/or drunken behaviour
  • vandalism, graffiti and fly-posting
  • dealing or buying drugs on the streets
  • littering and/or fly-tipping
  • aggressive begging
  • drinking on the street
  • setting off fireworks late at night
  • abandoning cars on the street.

Report anti-social behaviour

To report anti-social behaviour, please get in touch with us by completing our report a concern online form or by calling 999 in an emergency.

If you are worried about anti-social behaviour happening where you live you may;

How we manage anti-social behaviour

In many cases, anti-social behaviour can be resolved without the need for legal action. Instead, our officers can issue warnings and penalties which commonly include;

Local councils also play a key part in dealing with anti-social behaviour issues that aren’t criminal offences, such as abandoned vehicles. Find your local council to see how they are tackling anti-social behaviour in your area.

Alternatively, if an anti-social behaviour issue involves a tenant or a property of a registered social landlord or housing association, the landlord can take action against the person committing the anti-social behaviour by working with the police and the local authority to ensure appropriate action is taken to solve the problem.

Community Trigger

A victim of Anti Social Behaviour has the right to have their case reviewed once it has been closed and where it meets the threshold.  In order to do this a victim can use the Community Trigger which is found through the Local Council Website, see links below;



South Cambridgeshire 

East Cambs 



Our website uses cookies to improve your experience.