Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Woburn Road, Kempston,
Bedford, MK43 9AX
Telephone: 01234 842547
28th June 2019
REQUEST UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 Ref No: FOI2019/03576
I write in connection with your request for information received on 3rd June. I note you seek access to the following information:
1. The number of knives seized during Operation Sceptre and the number of knives seized per head of the population in the area covered by this police force during Operation Sceptre.
2. The number of knives seized from under 18s during operation Sceptre.
3. The age of the youngest individual or individuals from whom a knife was sized during Operation Sceptre.
4. The number of individuals arrested during Operation Sceptre.
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published and therefore, in the public domain without caveat.
1. 55 - The number of knives seized per head of the population is not recorded.
The numerical data presented in this response is an un-audited snapshot of un-published data sourced from "live" systems and is subject to the interpretation of the original request by the individual extracting the data.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.
Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabulary provides you the right to request an independent review of this response under its review procedure. If you require such a review you must notify us within two months from the date of this letter. After lodging a complaint with Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabulary if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make an application to the Information Commissioner. For information on how to make a complaint please visit ICO.org.uk or contact them on 0303 123 1113.