Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Woburn Road, Kempston,
Bedford, MK43 9AX
Telephone: 01234 842547
24th June 2019
REQUEST UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 Ref No: FOI2019/03471
I write in connection with your request for information received on 28th May. I note you seek access to the following information:
1. Please tell me the number of recorded offences under s.15A of the Sexual Offences Act (Home Office recording code 71/17) recorded from (and including) October 1, 2018, until (and including) April 2, 2019.
2. Where possible I would like to know the age and gender of the victim, broken down into age groups: 11 and under, 12-15, 16 and over.
3. Please tell me the age and gender of the youngest victim.
4. Please tell me all the forms of communication (eg. text message, Whatsapp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Kik etc.) that have been recorded as having been used in connection with recorded offences under s.15A of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 from (and including) October 1, 2018, until (and including) April 2, 2019, and the number of times each method was recorded.
5. Please tell me how many times a cyber flag was attached to the recorded crime for these dates.
If any part of the request proves too time-consuming, I would prefer for you to:
(a) Just answer 1, 2, 3 and 4; or
(b) Just answer 1, 2 and 3; or
(c) Just answer question 1
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published and therefore, in the public domain without caveat.
Attachment – Annex A FOI2019 03471
The numerical data presented in this response is an un-audited snapshot of un-published data sourced from "live" systems and is subject to the interpretation of the original request by the individual extracting the data.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.
Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabulary provides you the right to request an independent review of this response under its review procedure. If you require such a review you must notify us within two months from the date of this letter. After lodging a complaint with Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabulary if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make an application to the Information Commissioner. For information on how to make a complaint please visit ICO.org.uk or contact them on 0303 123 1113.