Information Rights Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Woburn Road, Kempston,
Bedford, MK43 9AX
Telephone: 01234 842547
24th January 2019
Our Ref: FOI2018/07332
Request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 Ref No: FOI2018/07332
I write in connection with your request for information received on 24th December. I note you seek access to the following information:
- Does the Special Constabulary currently have a rank structure?
2. What are the names of the ranks?
3. What rank insignia do they use? (Please provide pictures if possible)
4. When did the Special Constabulary move to their current insignia?
5. Does the force use any force emblems on their rank sliders/epaulettes? If so, please describe or include image.
6. If the insignia differs from regular officers, are there any plans to transition to match regular officers?
7. Does the force use the SC and Crown to identify Special Constables?
8. Are any collar number prefixes, suffixes or other divisional markings used to identify Special Constables?
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published and therefore, in the public domain without caveat.
Following enquiries within the Constabulary please see our response below.
- Special Constable, Special Sergeant, Special Inspector, Special Chief Inspector, Special Superintendent, Assistant Chief Officer, Chief Officer.
- No pictures recorded
- NPIA recommended Insignia for the Special Constabulary
- Prefix of 4
The numerical data presented in this response is an un-audited snapshot of un-published data sourced from "live" systems and is subject to the interpretation of the original request by the individual extracting the data.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary provides you the right to request an independent review of this response under its review procedure. If you require such a review you must notify us within two months from the date of this letter. After lodging a complaint with Cambridgeshire Constabulary if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make an application to the Information Commissioner. For information on how to make a complaint please visit their website at ico.org concerns or contact them on 0303 123 1113