Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Woburn Road, Kempston,
Bedford, MK43 9AX
Telephone: 01234 842547
3rd January 2019
Our Ref: FOI2018/06972
REQUEST UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 Ref No: FOI2018/06972
I write in connection with your request for information received on 3rd December. I note you seek access to the following information:
For the years 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 (01 Jan- 31 Dec, or 01 Jan - 01 Dec for 2018) please could you provide me with the following:
1. The number 999 calls to your police force for each of the years above
2. The number of 101 calls to your police force for each of the years above
3. The number of abandoned 999 calls to your police force for each of the years above
4. The number of abandoned 101 calls to your police force for each of the years above
5. The number of inappropriate/misplaced (however you classify it) 999 calls to your police force for each of the years above.
6. The number of Hoax 999 calls (deliberate or malicious) made to your force for each of the years above
7. A list of the subjects of inappropriate/misplaced/improper calls (q5) made in 2018 (if held).
Generally speaking if you can identify any ways that my request could be refined I would be grateful for any further advice.
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published and therefore, in the public domain without caveat.
Following enquiries within the Constabulary please see our response below.
Response – Cambridgeshire Constabulary has conducted a search for the information requested. We do hold information for Question 5 as this is not a category recorded, therefore Question 7 is not applicable. Please see the data collated below:
Total 999 calls
Total 101 calls
Total 999 calls abandoned
Total 101 calls abandoned
Total number of "silent/hoax/abandoned" incidents
The numerical data presented in this response is an un-audited snapshot of un-published data sourced from "live" systems and is subject to the interpretation of the original request by the individual extracting the data.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.
Cambridgeshire Constabulary provides you the right to request an independent review of this response under its review procedure. If you require such a review you must notify us within two months from the date of this letter. After lodging a complaint with Cambridgeshire
Constabulary if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make an application to the Information Commissioner. For information on how to make a complaint please visit their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or contact them on 0303 123 1113