Bedfordshire Police Headquarters,
Woburn Road, Kempston,
Bedford, MK43 9AX Telephone: 01234 842547
24th October 2019
REQUEST UNDER THE FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 Ref No: FOI2019/04682
I write in connection with your request for information received on 22nd July. I note you seek access to the following information:
1) Does your force have an online system for reporting crime? If yes, when was the online system implemented?
2) If you do have an online system for reporting crime, what categories of crime are the public able to report (please list the categories as they appear on the website)?
3) Does each crime report submitted online directly generate a record of a crime? If not what are the steps to a crime record being created?
4) Does each crime report submitted generate a call-back requirement for the force?
5) How many crimes have been reported online in the three years 1st April 2016 to 31st March 2019 or for the period since the online reporting system was launched. (Please break down the number of crimes reported by calendar month)
I am required by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (The Act) to handle all requests in a manner that is blind to the identity of the requestor. Any information released in response to a request is regarded as being published and therefore, in the public domain without caveat.
1) Yes, May 2017
2) Assault, Anti-Social Behaviour, Damage, Fraud, Harassment, Theft, Other
3) A unique reference number is provided to the person reporting. The report is then emailed to the relevant department who manually enters onto the Investigation system.
5) Please see the attached document – Annex a FOI2019 04682
The numerical data presented in this response is an un-audited snapshot of un-published data sourced from "live" systems and is subject to the interpretation of the original request by the individual extracting the data.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter please do not hesitate to contact me quoting the above reference number.
Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabularies provides you the right to request an independent review of this response under its review procedure. If you require such a review you must notify us within two months from the date of this letter. After lodging a complaint with Cambridgeshire & Hertfordshire Constabulary if you are still dissatisfied with the decision you may make an application to the Information Commissioner. For information on how to make a complaint please visit ICO.org.uk or contact them on 0303 123 1113.