Skip to content
New website

We are in the process of building a new website , which will be live in 2022. View our services currently available.

Quick exit

Data protection checks

Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) checks

Anybody who works with children or vulnerable adults should be checked by the Disclosure Barring Service to identify whether they have a criminal record.

Staff in care settings

Ofstedand the Care Quality Commission (CQC) can take legal action against a care establishment who has failed to ensure that DBS checks have been carried out on all staff. Details on DBS application forms are available via the GOV.UK website.

Personal information request

Subject Access requests allow you to find out what information we hold on you. More information can be found by visiting our Subject Access Request page. 

Make an insurance claim regarding a crime

Data within our force's crime and incident reports can only be disclosed to insurance companies who are members of the Association of British Insurers (ABI) or are an appointed agent.

All requests should be made in accordance with the criteria detailed within the memorandum of understanding between the Association of Chief Police Officers and the ABI.

Applications should be submitted by the insurer in the agreed format of appendix D(a) or D(b) consent form detailed in the memorandum of understanding, with the appropriate fee. All cheques should be made payable to Cambridgeshire PCC.

Applications together with payment should be addressed to;

  • Information Rights
  • Bedfordshire Police HQ
  • Woburn Road, Kempston
  • Bedfordshire
  • MK43 9AX

Request a collision report

If you would like to get a copy of a collision investigation report to support a claim, we can help you with this.

Proof of clean driving license

Although officers issue tickets and points on your driving license, the records are kept by the DVLA. Please contact the DVLA to get a copy of what is held on your license.

Business CCTV responsibility

If your business uses CCTV to monitor public areas, you must ensure you comply with data protection legislation. The Information Commissioner can provide advice on how to use CCTV in order to comply with legislation. 

Rehabilitation of offenders

In some cases, the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 gives you the right not to declare spent convictions on job applications.

Many application forms ask you to declare all convictions but unless employers refer to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, Exceptions Order 1975 or are listed within it, you may have the right to withhold information about your spent convictions.

Please be aware that spent convictions are kept on police computers in accordance with the rules for criminal convictions. Even if they have been removed from police computers, they may still be held by the courts. 

Our website uses cookies to improve your experience.