The force works alongside employers to support specials in their duties of increasing public safety and confidence. Benefits to employers of ESP include;
- staff development at little or no cost
- improved staff morale and motivation
- greater staff retention and lower recruitment costs
- staff who are trained in leadership, decision making, effective communication and problem solving
- police trained and empowered staff working on your business premises
- having members of staff who are properly briefed in respect of local crime trends
- key 'marketable' enhancement of corporate social responsibility.
As an employee who volunteers in the Special Constabulary, you will have the chance to develop personally, enhance your CV and skill-set and give something back to the community in your spare time.
Employer supported policing process
As an employer within this scheme, you agree to promote the Special Constabulary through your internal communication methods.
Should a member of your staff pass the assessment process and become a Special constable, we ask you to sponsor them by giving them an agreed amount of time to carry out their duties as a Special constable in the local community.
There are a number of ways in which employers can support the scheme including;
- promoting the recruitment of Special constables by:
- request the Special Constabulary booklet and put up in your office
- copy our Special Constabulary article and put on your intranet
- releasing your employee for training, encouraging other staff to be Specials and allowing use of business facilities for Special Constabulary work where appropriate
- being reasonably flexible by allowing an agreed amount of paid hours or days for your employee/s to carry out Special constable duties.
Register your business with employer supported policing
If you are interested in taking part in employer supported policing for your employees, there are a number of ways in which you can support the scheme.
For more details please email CambsCareers@bch.pnn.police.uk