We welcome applications from people of all different backgrounds, cultures, religions, ages, genders and sexual orientations.
There are some eligibility conditions that all applicants must meet as part of their application;
- must be 18 or over
- able to cope in a busy environment
- have time to spare
- be a British Citizen or passport holder from a full EU member state. You can also apply if you're a Commonwealth citizen or foreign national who is a resident in the UK with indefinite leave to remain. All applicants must have a minimum of three years’ UK residency
- do not have a criminal record. If you do have a criminal record, this doesn't mean you're automatically ineligible; it depends on the nature of your conviction. Please declare any caution or conviction on your application form and if you have any questions on this, you can contact email@example.com for advice
- must not have any offensive tattoos which can be seen as discriminatory, violent or intimidating or could be offensive. Visible tattoos must be covered if you are successful in your application. Please supply photos and measurements of any tattoos along with your application
- should be financially stable. If you are struggling with debt, you may still be able to apply. You should provide us with evidence of your ability to manage your debts successfully. However, if you have any outstanding county court judgements or you are not discharged from bankruptcy, then you are automatically ineligible.
You can get an application form to become a special constable on our recruitment website.
If you wish to contact someone local to discuss the role of a special or the application process please use this email address: CambsCareers@bch.pnn.police.uk
Follow the Specials on Twitter