Do you have any relevant investigative qualifications and/or training (this is not essential)
- examples can be both professional and personal
What is your understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Detective Constable?
- on a day to day basis what roles do you think a Detective Constable performs?
- what decisions are Detective Constables having to make?
- what is the purpose of a Detective Constable?
Please provide an example of when you have used your skills and experience within an investigation or analytical review. The evidence provided does not have to be a crime related matter, but will be used to assess your ability to investigate and analyse information effectively.
- ensure your answer has a structure, the STAR approach will provide this
- ensure your answer has a conclusion
- did you reflect on this experience and was any learning identified going forward?
- ensure you link your identified skills and experience directly to your example
Please note – both the application form and technical questionnaire need to be successfully passed to move to the next stage of the recruitment process.