Halloween is traditionally a night of fun. Whether you plan to go out trick-or-treating, have friends over for a party or choose not to celebrate it, we want you to enjoy yourself and stay safe.
Whilst it’s an exciting night for some, please bear in mind that there are members of the public who do not wish to take part. We ask that you respect people’s wishes and try not to disturb those who chose not to celebrate.
Over Halloween our officers patrol neighbourhoods to keep you safe, but please remember;
- officers do not want to spoil your fun, we just want to make sure you stay safe and enjoy your evening
- that children and young people should be accompanied by an adult when out trick-or-treating
- to avoid knocking on the doors of strangers
- to keep your ‘tricks’ appropriate. Any deliberate behaviour that results in damage or hurts someone is a crime
- to wear bright clothes and know our road safety advice.