Local policing priorities
This neighbourhood has multiple panels click one of the links below to display information for that panel
Everyone who lives or works in the East Cambs South area has the chance to get involved in setting the policing priorities for their neighbourhood. By attending your regular (usually quarterly), neighbourhood meetings you can raise any concerns or issues you have in your neighbourhood with police and local authority representatives.
At the last meeting for the South panel, held on 05/10/2011, the following priorities were agreed:
- Speeding offences across the neighbourhood.
- Address obstructive parking / driving Offences throughout the neighbourhood.
Over the next few months we will work with partner agencies and the community to tackle these issues as we work to make your neighbourhood a safer place.
During the previous period the following priorities were set:
- Speeding across the neighbourhood
- Vehicle related offences across the neighbourhood
We've been working hard to tackle the issues that you've told us are a problem in South panel. In the section below, you can find out more about what action we've taken.
Results of action taken to tackle these priorities includes:
1. Tackle Dangerous and Obstructive Parking at Bottisham Village College during college opening hours
*Regular patrols have been completed by PCSO's during the morning and afternoon.
*PCSO's carried out school visits incorporating a lesson on road safety within PSHE day.
*Three fixed penalty notices were issued for offences in Lode Road/High Street.
*E-cops messages sent out regarding the parking issues.
*A number of speed checks have been carried out, concentrating on Bell Road. Five speeding tickets and eleven verbal warnings were given. One driver was reported for a summons to court for speeding.
2. Tackle Night Time Anti-Social Vehicle Use of the Car Park at Bottisham Village College
*Routine patrols were carried out by PCSO's and Police Officers.
*Routine stops were made of any vehicles found on the site, in one case a search was conducted.
*Additional road checks were made within the village to reinforce a policing presence during key times.
For more information on previous priorities, click on the links below.
- Meeting held on 10/01/2012
- Meeting held on 05/10/2011
- Meeting held on 28/06/2011
- Meeting held on 30/03/2011
- Meeting held on 04/01/2011
- Meeting held on 06/10/2010
- Meeting held on 29/06/2010
- Meeting held on 31/03/2010
Tell us about problems in your area
We want to know about the problems in your area. Where do you think we should be targeting? What crimes and issues are affecting you?
Tell us using the form below. The information you provide will feed into meetings held to discuss and decide local priorities. Alternatively why not come along to the next meeting and have your say in person? Dates of the next meeting can be found in the dates for your diary section.
Information required *