101 for all non-emergency enquiries  101  101 for all non-emergency enquiries



This area of the site answers many frequently asked questions relating to firearms licensing, fees and other issues, including how to apply for a certificate.

If you are unable to find the information you are looking for here, the department will be pleased to answer any questions or give advice directly. Telephone contact details are listed below or you can email the department at firearms.licensing@cambs.pnn.police.uk

These pages provide general notes that may help you with the application process. Please read them, and if you have any questions or require advice on the application process, or other firearms licensing issues contact the Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department.

Cambridgeshire Constabulary Firearms & Explosives Licensing Department complies with the Home Office Guidance. Visit their website for the new updated guidance

From 1st December 2013 new application forms are being introduced. The form 125 Referee form is no longer required but referees must just complete the relevant part of the shotgun and/or firearm certificate application form. Full details can be found under the 'Forms' tab.

Search Cambridgeshire Constabulary