Serious sexual assault and rape

What to do if you have been sexually assaulted or raped

Reporting a sexual assault or rape can be extremely difficult for a victim. It is important that you confide in someone and get the help and support that you need.

We want to reassure you that each and every case is not only taken seriously, but with the help of trained staff, we will support you through the process.

Women, men, teenagers and children can all be victims of serious sexual assault and rape. If you have been affected report it to us today.

Victims may not want the police to be involved and while we would encourage people to report sexual assault or rape, you can self-refer to the Oasis @ Rivergate, based in Peterborough, to get the help and support you need.

The Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) offers a safe and welcoming environment for anyone who has been the victim of rape or a serious sexual assault. It allows you to get the best medical care and to recover forensic evidence in case you do choose to report the incident at a later date. If you would prefer not to speak to the police, you can self-refer by calling 0845 089 6262. Read more about the SARC on our help and support page.

If you would like to report a serious sexual assault or rape you have two options: if the incident has just taken place or you are in danger call 999; alternatively, call 101 and we will arrange for a police officer to come to see you.

Search Cambridgeshire Constabulary